“The Gale James Memorial Scholarship” is established in memory of D. Gale James, a professional golf instructor until her death April 2015. The scholarship awards $500 to a student golfer(s) who is in an organized golf program and or interested in furthering his or her golf skills and education.
Our Mission is to support Golf programs that are underfunded in our school system. Our commitment is to provide financial assistance and give equitable consideration based on academic performance, financial need, school and community activities. The award may be used to support academic needs, tournament fees, travel, equipment and golf accessories.
Applicants may be eligible for further funds by maintaining or exceeding the 2.6 grade point average and by re-applying during the next scholarship application period. Awards are renewable subject to re-application.
Scholarships are available each year and eligible students must meet the following requirements:
1. Current or incoming juniors and seniors in high school, male or female
2. Must have established and maintained a satisfactory academic record of 2.6 (C+) GPA or better.
3. Official transcript signed by school counselor
4. Demonstration of financial need
5. Two professional and one personal Letter of Recommendation. (References may be contacted)
6. Demonstrate involvement in an organized golf program (school golf team, junior golf, First Tee, etc.)
7. Respond to questions attached to application
8. Participate in an interview with the Scholarship Committee.
9. Application must be mailed and postmarked on or before the due date.
Gale “Par Lady” James Scholarship application will be available soon